The tourist path of the Inca in Machu Picchu, must comply with the guide for biosecurity and attention to tourist visits.
This emblematic path, returned to operate in the new normality with all the corresponding protocols for the care of guides and tourists.
Visitors who wish to take the tour must follow the measures implemented in order to prevent, reduce and contain infections by Covid-19; likewise, the guidelines that are established by the tourist guide and the support staff that are in the circuit.
Some of the standards are:
- Maximum capacity of members per group must be 25 tourists made up of up to 8 tourists, a guide and 10 to 16 support people.
- The departure frequency between different groups must be less than 15 minutes and comply with the established schedules.
- The distance between visitors should be 2 to 4 meters.
- The temperature will be taken at the entrance, during the tour to access the facilities and must be less than 38 ° C.
- The oxygen saturation of all travelers will be checked at the beginning of their journey regardless of the selected route.
- Camps: it is forbidden for tourists from the same group not to be related by family group or social bubble. The tents must be disinfected when armed and disarmed.
- Mandatory use of the mask during the entire displacement. In places of greater concentration, travelers should wear double masks.
Source: Colombia travel agency. Machu Picchu: this is how the Inca Trail operates in its reopening of Ladevi website: https://colombia.ladevi.info/