Cotelco highlighted that after the national strike and the third peak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the hotel sector returned to a growth path with which they expect to close the year with an average occupancy of 38,30%, which could improve due to the advanced vaccination process and the pleasing results that were presented in the mid-year season.
What are hotels doing to strengthen themselves?
- Increase digital presence (77.3%)
- Increase marketing on the technology platform (65.5%)
- Maintain a minimum number of employees (60.7)
- Strengthen direct marketing (58.8%)
- Search for new markets (53.2%)
- Search alliances (47,3%)
- Reduce rate to attract customers (39%)
- Operate with a lower capacity (32.4%)
- Design a new product or service (31.6%)
- Reduce or eliminate some services offered as additional or courtesy (30.5%)
- Refinance debts (28.3%)
- Participation in fairs and international conferences (25.9%)
- Request new or additional credits (17.9%)
Source: Colombia travel agency. Cotelco: employment expectation to end the year of Ladevi website: https://colombia.ladevi.info/cotelco/cotelco-expectativa-ocupacion-finalizar-el-ano-n32599